Copyright

All work on this site is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission of the artist.

04 June 2009

Who's in Charge?

Oil on Canvas 6x6
I did one of these months ago titled 5 lemons. It was from my head, not looking at any lemons. I liked the way it came out and had in mind to do a companion right away. Best laid plans, but at last I gave it a go. I found it interesting that it was so challenging to recreate the style of the brushwork of the first. Maybe the second canvas was single primed instead of double. Maybe I used bristle instead of sable brushes. Maybe I shouldn't have looked at the first painting, but done the second without reference also. Maybe I was listening to different music or my studio space was tidier. Hmmm. I'll try one with 7 lemons (from my head and with sable brushes).

Thanks for clicking.

5 comments:

Jill Berry said...

It's nice... I didn't recognize it as your work from the thumbnail, cause it looks like a daily painter. Dramatic shadows!
I think each painting takes on a life of it's own.

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Ha! You know I have intentions of being a daily painter. Self discipline somewhat lacking makes me more of a "whenever" painter. Today I got stuck in the gardens for hours after being away for 5 days. And now here I am on the computer and this afternoon I'm going horseback riding. So I'd better go grab a brush right now.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Dale - although they are a little different from each other, they are both lovely paintings. Very solid, with nice brushwork and beautiful shadows. These could be the beginning of a series!
Well done!

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Thanks Connie and Jill for encouraging words.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love both the title and the painting.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope the technical glitch is worked out.