Copyright

All work on this site is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission of the artist.

17 May 2008

Six Bananaquit

Oil on Board 8"x10" $175 + s/h

We had the good fortune of being invited to Pauli Mar, a vacation home on St. Martin, during the winter last year. These gorgeous little birds flocked to the sugar water feeders in the sea grapes. I took lots of photos and then choreographed my own bird feeding dance in oils. This is the remaining one of the series, the others having found homes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting. Very different than most bird paintings. It makes me think of summer in the West Indies, sitting on a porch watching the birds feed with the sound of the surf bleeding through the tropical music. Naturally there is a pina colada at my elbow beside a tube of suntan lotion

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Thank you for your comment. Although mine was a rum punch, your description is great. :)