Copyright

All work on this site is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission of the artist.

10 July 2010

Friday Morning SOLD

Friday Morning 12x12 Oil on Linen




Untitled (circa 1990?) 9x12 acrylic on warped Fredrix canvasboard

When I started making the transition from choreographer/dancer back to painter twenty years ago, the lower image was one of a few paintings I did of the shed/clothesline in our back yard. It vied with a view to the north for my personal Motif #1. As you can see, I was determined to include every angel head nail in my painting.

Carol Marine commented that when she felt she was at a fork in her development of style, she chose to eschew realism for a looser, more expressive style because she found that more challenging.
Her explanation really hit home for me. It is a struggle to resist becoming enslaved by what's there in front of you, and find the essence.
The top image 'Friday Morning' painting is silent poetry. An ode to the less-than-majestic sights that bring happiness. Kind of zen. Be Here Now.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. A special thanks to Denny for washing the (I'm embarrassed to admit - Martha Stewart)sheets every week.

6 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

Wow, what a difference! You have come a long way not only in your style but your color mixtures! Great painting! I'm sure Martha would be proud to have her sheets depicted so artfully! LOL!

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Thanks for the nice comment, Tonya. Martha might notice, as my husband observed, that the sheets look dirty! I'll have to add more detergent. :)

Sandra Galda said...

The looser style suits you well! I like the compo and the movement in the design of the image! Great job!!!

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Sandra.

Carol Doane said...

Don't touch the sheets! I want them, all of them, just as they are. . .
Are they for sale?

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Thanks Carol,
Did you receive my email on the 6th? There was an extra @ symbol in the address, I think.
Dale