Copyright

All work on this site is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission of the artist.

09 January 2009

Annisquam

"A Morning with Kerr" Oil on canvas 11x14

This small dock has hosted constant activity and joy over the years. My stepdaughter, the blond on the left, spent her childhood catching flounder(I think) and crabs. My daughter and her cousins and friends did the same, although the flounder are long gone. Now my grandsons watch by the hour for the crabs to catch onto the baited hook, captives for the day. So, imagine my humble pleasure when the older of the two boys chose to spend the morning painting his view of the scene as I painted mine. At the end, I asked him to go to the top of the ramp so that I could include him. He is wearing very cool sunglasses.

No comments: