Copyright

All work on this site is copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission of the artist.

24 February 2009

Jar and Stem

Oil on Canvas 6x6 SOLD
I didn't like the compostition below. It is funny how the photo of the painting helps me identify what I am unhappy about. I knew I was skating on thin ice with just the white plate and the weighty grapes sitting on the bottom of the painting, but I had to try it anyway. Then there was the photography issue of a dark painting.
Anyway, much happier with the addition of the mustard jar and brushes. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Dona Mara said...

Good round, luscious grapes and interesting to see how much the additional jar and all enlivened the painting.

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Thanks Dona. Are you feeling better?

Carol Nelson said...

I do the SAME thing - I don't see the errors in a painting until I see it POSTED on my blog or website.
It makes no sense.
Your grapes are so colorful. Great job on this painting.